Roland Lamah’s stop in Frisco is over (for now?) as expansion side FC Cincinnati selected him with their third pick in the Expansion Draft today.
Here’s a quick summary of who was selected today:
1) Darren Mattocks, F, DC United
2) Kei Kamara, F, Vancouver but will be traded to Colorado for a 2019 international slot
3) Roland Lamah, M, FC Dallas
4) Eric Alexander, M, Houston Dynamo
5) Hasan Ndam, D, New York Red Bulls
Lamah’s FCD career was a bit checkered. He finished with 19 goals and 9 assists in 61 games played. Lamah was known to score in bunches for Dallas, and despite coming in second in scoring for Dallas in 2017 and tying the team for the scoring lead with Maxi Urruti in 2018, there was still a lot of feelings that Lamah never fully lived up to his talents here.
Despite being out of contract, FC Dallas will still receive $50k in GAM (general allocation money) for having someone selected.
What do you think? Best possible outcome? Think there are more deals in place that haven’t been finalized yet? Did you enjoy Lamah’s time here or was it time for a change?