The last few days have been pretty interesting for FC Dallas fans with the news out of Argentina that San Lorenzo offered to buy attackers Michael Barrios and Maxi Urruti for somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 million.
As of this Thursday afternoon, it appears that the dust is finally settling on this rumored deal and that the two will not be sold.
Source: FC Dallas have declined San Lorenzo's bids for Maxi Urruti and Michael Barrios. Called the offers "substantial."— Sam Stejskal (@samstejskal) August 31, 2017
This comes on the heels of a report from Jon Arnold at the Dallas Morning News that the Argentine club only offered a transfer for Barrios.
FCD technical director Fernando Clavijo said Tuesday morning that despite reports in the Argentine press that there has been an offer made for each player, the club has received a formal offer only for Barrios.
Clavijo said in the report from Arnold that the news in the press was inaccurate and that an ideal time to do this kind of move would be in December.
We always know these types of deals are pretty fluid and can change at a moments notice. Last year’s Fabian Castillo saga proved to be that case.
At least for now we can feel a little more confident that FC Dallas isn’t giving up on this season by selling off two of their top attacking players. But it does add some interesting elements to the months ahead when the team is building for 2018.