The quarterfinals are now set in the CONCACAF Champions League. Major League Soccer will send three teams to the quarterfinals, along with three Liga MX sides, one from Panama and another from Costa Rica.
Thanks to FC Dallas’ 5-2 win on Thursday, they secured the seventh seed in the tournament, where they will face Panamanian side Arabe Unido. The first leg of that game will be February 21-23. The second leg in Panama will be between February 28 and March 2, likely right before the First Kick in the 2017 MLS season.
- Vancouver Whitecaps -- 12 pts. / +8 GD
- Arabe Unido -- 12 pts. / +7 GD
- CF Pachuca -- 10 pts. / +15 GD
- UNAM Pumas -- 9 pts. / + 10 GD
- Tigres UANL -- 9 pts. / +6 GD
- CD Saprissa -- 8 pts. / +8 GD
- FC Dallas -- 8 pts. / + 4 GD
- New York Red Bulls -- 8 pts. / +4 GD
CONCACAF Champions League 2016/17 Quarterfinals – First Leg (February 21-23)
(8) New York Red Bulls vs. (1) Vancouver Whitecaps FC
(7) FC Dallas vs. (2) Arabe Unido
(6) Deportivo Saprissa vs. (3) CF Pachuca
(5) Tigres UANL vs. (4) Pumas UNAM
CONCACAF Champions League 2016/17 Quarterfinals – Second Leg (February 28 – March 2)
(1) Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. (8) New York Red Bulls
(2) Arabe Unido vs. (7) FC Dallas
(3) CF Pachuca vs. (6) Deportivo Saprissa
(4) Pumas UNAM vs. (5) Tigres UANL
The winner of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC – New York Red Bulls quarterfinal will face the winner of the Pumas UNAM – Tigres UANL quarterfinal in the semifinals. The victorious club in the matchup between Arabe Unido and FC Dallas will face off against the winner of the CF Pachuca – Deportivo Saprissa pairing in the other semifinal.
How do you feel about FCD’s chances in this knockout round? Do you think a MLS side can finally make a breakthrough against the Mexican teams?