With the FC Dallas already in full off-season mode, we're going to follow suit and start up with some 'end of the year' stuff that the staff has been noodling over. The first of which that we'd like to touch on will be the 2015 FC Dallas Goal of the Year which will be voted by you, our lovely and wonderful readers!
The charge was for us to pair this down to 16 goals and do this tournament style, with two goals set up head to head. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you want to see it, I was barely able to cut it down to 24 as there were many incredible goals this season. Just about anything that went past Houston warranted serious consideration.
The criteria I used was pretty loose and open to interpretation and I'll admit that I had to cut out some really good ones just to pair this down to a more manageable list. So if your favorite didn't make it on here, you can scream at me in the comments section. But I tried my best to work off of these factors: skill, wow-factor, degree of difficulty, game state, opponent and emotional state after said goal. How you vote will be entirely up to you and whatever floats your soccer ball.
How this will work:
- There will be 12 rounds of voting (2 goals per round)
- Goal pairings have been randomized by a blind drawing.
- Voting will be open for 2 days.
- After each round, the new pairing will be done by a blind draw.
- Most votes wins - This probably doesn't need to be explained, but I need to hit a word quota here. (I'm joking.)
Round 1: Mauro Diaz vs Michel