We're at the end of the year here in 2015. The top list of whatever is out and everyone is recapping the year in different ways. We wanted to take some time to ask you for some opinions that we know you're good to give. Todays' poll is all about our technical director at FC Dallas, Fernando Clavijo.
How would you rate Clavijo this past season? FCD got to a club-record 60 points, with two players earning Best XI honors. But did Clavijo do enough to get the time in a place to make those runs this season? Let's look at his trades and moves this season first.
Transfers in for 2015:
- Signed Alejandro Zendejas
- Acquired Dan Kennedy via Dispersal Draft
- Selected Atiba Harris in the Re-Entry Draft
- Selected Otis Earle in the SuperDraft
- Acquired Kyle Bekker for allocation money in a trade with Toronto
- Signed Michael Barrios
- Signed Rolando Escobar
- Acquired Bakary Soumare for Kyle Bekker from Montreal
- Loaned in Ezequiel Cirgiliano
Transfers out for 2015:
- Declined options on: Raul Fernandez, Jair Benitez, Adam Moffat, Peter Luccin, Hendry Thomas, George John, Walter Cabrera, Andres Escobar, and Nick Walker
- Waived Brian Span
- Traded Kyle Bekker to Montreal for Bakary Soumare
- Danny Garcia and Otis Earle to Arizona United SC
- Jesse Gonzalez to Pittsburgh Riverhounds (for one game in August)
So there are the moves. Plenty of them made at the end of 2014 to help prepare for 2015. So what do you make of these moves?
Did Clavijo help bring in the right players for 2015? I'd say bringing in guys like Barrios help cancel out the Soumares and Bekkers in my mind. You also have to consider the locker room effect of some of these players. Kennedy and Escobar were big leaders in the locker room.
But we leave it to you to rate. How would you rate Clavijo this year?