The 2014 season has been kind to the FC Dallas Reserves thus far. The Reserves were in action last night at Toyota Stadium against USL PRO side Oklahoma City Energy FC and FCD came away with a 1-0 win thanks to a Andrew Jacobson goal in the second half.
Thankfully FCD streamed the game last night so here are a few notes that I came away with from the game:
- FC Dallas looked strong in this one as Danny Garcia was active early on in the first half. I think he is getting closer to really earning some first team minutes here. Thankfully there is another Reserve league game next week with Orlando City coming into town.
- Walker Zimmerman also saw his first real minutes of 2014. He still is a bit rusty in some ways as his fitness isn't where it needs to be. Again, that extra Reserve league game next week is vital for him right now.
- Raul Fernandez was big in goal, big on the penalty kick save at the end of the game. As much as I've enjoyed Seitz's play this season I am wondering if Oscar Pareja is going to turn things over to Fernandez by the end of the month.
- Still weird that Brian Span can be in Orlando on loan last weekend, fly to Dallas and play in this Reserve league game last night and then go back to Orlando for their next game (which I believe happens to be against FCD next week). Weird, weird. But hey, the kid is looking good too thanks to that goal he scored over the weekend.
- Busy week for guys like Kellyn Acosta and some of the academy kids that saw action in this one. Dallas Cup, GA Cup and this game. Still good that their getting minutes all around though.