If you don't already have tickets to Saturday night's game against New York, you had better get them soon as I hear they're going fast. Of course, besides the game there's a huge reason to go on Saturday and that is because there will be a massive tribute to Bobby Rhine. Here's the details:
Rhine’s contributions to the club and to the sport of soccer will be memorialized through the following:
- Members of the Rhine family will join MLS Commissioner Don Garber and FC Dallas midfielder Brek Shea to lead the March to the Match.
- Wristbands bearing Rhine’s initials and jersey number will be available on the concourse in exchange for any donation to the FC Dallas Foundation. All proceeds will directly benefit the Rhine family, and total contributions will be matched in their entirety by the Hunt family and FC Dallas.
- FC Dallas players and technical staff will wear black armbands bearing Rhine’s initials and jersey number for the duration of the 2011 season.
- A moment of silence will be held in Rhine’s memory prior to kickoff.
- The National Anthem will be performed by local musician and member of JackoPierce, Cary Pierce, personal friend of the Rhine family.
- A video tribute will be shown at the beginning of halftime during the September 17th match. Fans are asked to remain in their seats for this special remembrance.
- An FC Dallas Foundation auction will be held in the River Club by WinStar World Casino, on the North Concourse and online, with all proceeds benefiting the Rhine family. The sports memoribilia-themed auction will include exclusive Bobby Rhine and Dallas Burn items.
- The broadcast of the match will feature usual color analyst and Rhine's close friend, Steve Jolley. Jolley will be joined by usual New England Revolution broadcaster Brad Feldman on play-by-play. Feldman was a colleague and friend of Rhine's dating back to Feldman's days as a sportscaster in Dallas.