Tune in here tonight at Big D Soccer if you can't make it up to Pizza Hut Park for tonight's contest between FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids. I'll be providing plenty of commentary for tonight's game.
To get you started be sure to check out the following previews:
(Continue reading for game notes and commentary)
- 6:00 p.m. March to the Match tailgate at Londoner Frisco
- FREE 22 oz FCD Beer Mugs for the first 1,500 & specials at the Londoner
- 6:30 p.m. Pizza Hut Park gates open with Happy Hour featuring $2 12 oz beers, $4 'ritas and $4 wine available at the Beer Garden
- PLUS! Bring your FCD Beer Mug and receive $5 drafts at the Beer Garden (through halftime) and $2 sodas at stadium concession stands during the entire match.
- Scarfing ceremony led by supporters and Oscar Pareja
FCD TEAM NEWS
- FC Dallas has just 1 point from 3 matches. But they got off to a slow start a year ago - opening 1-4-0, and winning just twice in the first 19 games - before reeling off a 19-game league unbeaten streak.
- FCD has seen two players sent off in the first three games, playing a man down for the final 57 minutes Friday after Jackson was booked twice in two minutes.
- "We need to finish the game with 11 people on the field," Hyndman said to the Dallas Morning News. "That would certainly be beneficial to our cause. It's very, very difficult to get a bead on the team's performance level when you play shorthanded so often."
- There will be another shakeup on the backline with Jackson suspended for the Colorado match. Brek Shea was sent off in the opening game of the season.
- "The word I use is emotional intelligence," Hyndman said. "Jackson had two yellow cards within a minute. That's not the way you want it to be. He really made it difficult on the rest of the team. I was happy with the way the game was going up to that time."
- Colombian youth international Fabian Castillo made his first MLS start, along with homegrown product Ruben Luna. They joined a starting lineup that also included a 21-year-old Shea and 22-year-old Jackson.
- "You want to get young guys out there. You want to give them opportunities," said Hyndman. "Castillo had some very good moments and I thought Ruben played well, especially in the second half. It's not those two guys that are hurting the team. I think the more established players can help a little bit more by calming things down, but for FC Dallas, it was a very disappointing night and you didn't see a lot of very good soccer."
- FC Dallas has now been shut out in back-to-back games and gone 252 minutes since scoring their lone goal of the season.
- 2010 MLS MVP David Ferreira is "a marked man," Hyndman said. "It's just not one player after him. The whole team is trying to shut him down. He or a player on the ball has to be protected."
Colorado Rapids starting XI: Matt Pickens; Anthony Wallace, Drew Moor, Marvell Wynne, Kosuke Kimura; Jeff Larentowicz, Joseph Nane, Jamie Smith, Sanna Nyassi; Caleb Folan and Omar Cummings
FC Dallas starting XI: Kevin Hartman; Zach Loyd, Ugo Ihemelu, George John, Brek Shea; Daniel Hernandez, Marvin Chavez, Andrew Jacobson, Fabian Castillo, David Ferreria; and Milton Rodriguez