The 2013 salaries have been revealed by the MLS Players Union today. As you might expect there are some surprises for FC Dallas and some that aren't so surprising.
FC Dallas got a lot of allocation money this offseason from the sale of Brek Shea and as we've seen, they put it to pretty good use this year.
I'll break down what some of this all means below, here is what the guys are making this season:
(*- salary does not count towards the salary cap)
|Player Name||2013 Base Salary||2013 Total Compensation|
|Kellyn Acosta *||$46,500||$70,500|
- Naturally the numbers that will jump out at your are Cooper and Watson. Both may be high to some. Cooper got a massive raise in some ways thanks to his 18 goal output in 2012. He was on a base salary of $275k last year. Watson's base only jumped from $95k to $100k
- Loyd is in a contract year. His numbers are still fairly low considering how well he's played this season.
- Fernandez's salary is actually not far off from what Kevin Hartman was at last year. Just based on the base salary alone, FCD only saved $15k on the swap.
- Perez's number may seem high and close to a DP number, but thanks to allocation some of that is paid down towards the cap from what I'm talk. He got a $15k raise on his base salary as well.
- Nice to see John go from $47k to $275k. Very well deserved.
- You should be pleasantly surprised to see Luccin' number at where it is. I know he is on the IR and while that is disappointing, it is refreshing to know that the club didn't break the bank to get him. He's cheap compared to some signings this offseason by other clubs.
- Nunez coming in cheap for FC Dallas. Once he gets healthy, and if he can return to his old self, that will be a nice cheap move by the club.
- Michel has been worth every penny. That was right around the rate I was expecting him to come in at too.
- For those who keep asking, Hassli is not a DP. Castillo is a Young DP. Yes, even at that 60K he is still technically a DP. Let's stop having that conversation until the end of this season please. :-)